As we all know that how healthy Green gram for us but this is not it, it is very helpful in weight loss as well. Green gram or Moong dal what we call it in Hindi is a lentil which we can eat in many different ways we can eat it in the form of dal, sprouts, salads & we can also use it as flour, we can do so many healthy experiments with this single super food. Green gram/Moong dal has been an important part of traditional Ayurveda diet plan. In India traditionally it was also used for medicinal purpose.Here in India this lentil is available in two forms, first is whole green gram beans (with skin) and second is broken yellow colored (without skin)
- Weight Loss Benefits:
- Contains Protein: Green gram is loaded with protein. For vegetarian people, it is one of the highest protein source foods. 100 gram of green gram contains 24 grams of protein in it which is an awesome thing for weight loss.
- Fiber and Carbs: Green gram/Moong dal is high in dietary fiber which will keep you full for longer. It also has carbs in it but complex carbs (resistance starch) which make it perfect for weight management.
- Improves Metabolic Rate: It detoxifies your body and improves your metabolism. It is very light and easy to digest that is why it has always been recommended to sick people.
- Other Health Benefits:
- Good For Cholesterol: It has zero cholesterol it is very good for your heart health. It lowers the LDL ( the bad cholesterol ) in your body and improves the flexibility of arteries and veins.
- Diabetes: It has very low GI ( glycemic index ) load and low GI foods are very beneficial for diabetic patients because it regulates the blood sugar level in the body and due to this it is also very effective in weight loss process.
- Loaded With Good Minerals: It is loaded with vitamins like vitamin A, B, C, E, B-1, and B-6. It also has a good amount of minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamin C works as an antioxidant which protects you and repairs your body from inside.
My Words On It
So all in all Green gram/ Moong Dal is perfect for your weight management as well as for your overall health. So it has to be a part of your daily diet plan.