Corn or corn grain which is an amazing food for our health but there are so many myths and misconceptions connected with this amazing food.People think that corn is very high in carbohydrate and due to this they think that it is very unhealthy and especially people who are concerned about their weight avoid this awesome food, but this is not true it contains so many nutritional values which are necessary for our body, so one should never avoid this healthy food in their meal. People think corn is high in sugar so we should not include it in our diet which is again a misconception. It is high in sugar but as equal as some of the vegetables are, which we include in our daily diet.
How Is Corn Helpful in Weight Management?
- The first benefit of this amazing food that it is naturally gluten free which means that you are consuming fewer calories overall which naturally leads you to weight loss.
- It is a great source of dietary fiber which helps to keep your stomach fill for longer. Corn grain (flour) also absorbs a lot of water and swells up in your digestive track which keeps your hunger away for a very long time.
- The carbohydrate available in corn grain is not the regular carbohydrate it is a carbohydrate which is called resistant starch which helps to cut down your body fat effectively. Resistant starch resists digestion so it passes through your small intestine without being digested. This feeds healthy gut bacteria which gives you the feeling of fullness for long, thus you do not eat frequently and easily lose your weight.
- It contains vitamin C which again promotes weight loss production of vitamin C is required to store fat in your body to convert it into an energy for your body without it you will have more fat in your stomach despite overall weight loss.
- Vitamin B1 and B5: It also contains vitamin B1 which promotes weight loss by helping the body to reduce the energy stored in fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates. So that your body can use and burn it. In some research, it is found that vitamin B5 can be helpful in weight loss in obese people by increasing the breakdown the fats.
Other Health Benefits:
- It contains vitamin A which is essential to fight with any type of infection in our body. It keeps our eye (especially), Skin and hair healthy.
- It contains Iron which is very helpful in fighting with anemia. It produces hemoglobin and red blood cells. It also improves your immune system.
- It has antioxidant properties in it which improve your metabolism.
- Contains zinc:
- The presence of zinc in corn will lead to weight loss. According to some studies, zinc decreases your appetite resultant amazing weight loss.
- It also prevents you from night blindness.
- Zinc also helps in these health issues:
- Low Blood Pressure
- Weak bones
- Hair loss
- White spots under the fingers and nails
My words on it:
According to me you should definitely include this amazing delicious food in your diet as it has so many health benefits and people who want to manage their weight they should also not run away from corn grain or corn just remember one thing for a healthy life or for weight loss quantity matters a lot, for what you are eating because healthy foods can also harm you some time if you have it in an unhealthy manner.